Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Our Personal Support Workers will assist with daily personal care, as clients cope with injuries, illnesses, or conditions associated with aging. Although it is not an industry standard to possess certificates, all PSWs employed by Exclusive Care Services must have certificates in order to work with our clients.
It is important to note that our PSWs do not administer any medications, but they may assist the client in their administration if needed. The amount and type of care to be provided is determined during the initial Complimentary Assessment.
Specific duties of our Personal Support Workers may include:
• Providing attendant care services, including transferring and lifting
• Assisting in personal hygiene and basic personal care
• Light meal preparation and feeding
• Toileting activities
• Changing beds, towels, and performing laundry-related tasks
• General assistance in the Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
• Assisting with client mobility (walking, movement and positioning)
• Supporting the client’s independence
• Observing, recognizing and reporting changes to client’s behaviour or condition
• Assisting with a range of motion exercises and other rehabilitative measures
We expect our Personal Support Workers to take a genuine interest in our client’s health and well-being, to monitor and report changes in behaviour, and to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for every client.
"A friend is a gift you give yourself." - Robert Louis Stevenson