Registered Nurse (RN)
Depending on the complexity of the care required, the clinical skills and expertise of a Registered Nurse may be required.
All Registered Nurses employed by Exclusive Care Services:
• Must be a current member and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). They must possess a valid, unrestricted licence to practice in the province of Ontario.
• Must possess a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
• Must provide evidence of flu shots.
• Must be screened for Tuberculosis (TB).
• Have completed the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) education.
• Have had recent mandatory Criminal Record Checks.
The duties of our Registered Nurses are to provide appropriate care, comfort, and education to the client and their significant other(s). The care provided will vary, but it is based on the nursing process of assessing needs; seeking the most effective care model (primarily done during our initial Complimentary Assessment); developing a Personal Care Plan; the delivery of the services outlined by the Personal Care Plan; and ongoing monitoring of the services delivered to ensure effectiveness.
Specific duties of our Registered Nurses may include:
• The provision of client-centred bedside care
• Monitoring and recording progress
• Administering medications and performing medical treatments
• Emergency care
• Client care coordination
• Assisting family physicians with examinations and/or procedures
• Providing health education to the client and their significant other(s)
• Serving as the client’s advocate
• Operating or monitoring medical apparatus or equipment
Our Registered Nurses also provide emotional support to clients whose conditions may not improve, or give comfort to those in a palliative situation.
Our Registered Nurses are available to assist you 24/7 with your home health care needs, and are committed to providing you with the very best level of care and service.
"Cheerfulness and content are great beautifiers, and are famous preservers of youthful looks." - Charles Dickens