Your initial consultation is without charge or obligation. An experienced Registered Nurse will be the one to perform the assessment, and will determine the scope of service delivery. Input from your doctor, family members and others are encouraged.
The initial assessment provides an opportunity to introduce our company and services to you, and to discuss your situation and your health care needs. Our discussions are confidential, and we encourage you to be expressive and forthright about all issues that may concern you.
There is an extensive checklist of items that the assessor must investigate and evaluate beyond the physical illnesses/impairments, emotional and psychological aspects of your care. A safe environment for our client and our caregivers is always a prime consideration. For example, the inspection of rooms for safety issues, is there furniture or an apparatus in ill repair that may pose a concern, are medications properly labelled and appropriately stored, is there adequate lighting in hallways and stairs, and so on.
Some of the other issues that will be considered during the assessment are:
• Vision and Hearing
• Nutrition and Diet
• Pain Sources
• Safety Measures
• Health Risk Assessment
• Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
Exclusive Care Services will ensure full transparency before service commences.
Our clients will:
• Understand the scope of care that will be provided
• Identify any special care or equipment requirements
• Be aware of the cost for services delivered
• Understand his/her rights and obligations
• Receive a copy of our Client Charter of Rights
• Be aware of our corporate responsibilities, with regards to the care provided
"Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." - Plato